Amsterdam Cruise Port
Travelers disembarking in Amsterdam can take advantage of the cruise port’s central location to dive straight into guided sightseeing, opting for private or public transfer to the city center to visit iconic landmarks such as the Anne Frank House and Van Gogh Museum. Popular destinations outside of the urban capital include Keukenhof, Zaanse Schans, and Volendam, where visitors can glimpse the Netherland's more rural heritage.
Things to Know Before You Go
Amsterdam Cruise Port has tourist information, cafés, restaurants, luggage facilities, and shops.
Amsterdam’s busiest attractions include the Van Gogh Museum, Rijksmuseum, and Anne Frank House, so take advantage of tours with skip-the-line access.
Remember to bring comfortable shoes so you can walk the streets with ease on a city tour.
The famously flat city of Amsterdam is mostly accessible for guests with disabilities, though it’s worth checking specific arrangements with your tour supplier.
How to Get to Amsterdam From the Amsterdam Cruise Port
Tours typically include round-trip transfer from the city center, as vehicle access to the docklands is restricted. However, a regular tram service departs from Muziekgeb Bimhuis near the terminal, which whisks you to the main train station in a matter of minutes; alternatively, take a 10-minute stroll through the trendy harbor district to reach the station instead.
The Passenger Terminal Amsterdam is the city’s main cruise port. Dutch is the national language of the Netherlands, though English is widely understood. The euro is the local currency.
- Things to do in Rotterdam
- Things to do in Dordrecht
- Things to do in Leeuwarden
- Things to do in Zaventem
- Things to do in Bruges
- Things to do in Brussels
- Things to do in Lille
- Things to do in Luxembourg City
- Things to do in Stansted Mountfitchet
- Things to do in Cambridge
- Things to do in London
- Things to do in Hamburg
- Things to do in North Holland
- Things to do in South Holland
- Things to do in Flanders
- National Maritime Museum (Het Scheepvaartmuseum)
- NEMO Science Museum
- De Gooyer Windmill
- Dutch Resistance Museum (Amsterdams Verzetsmuseum)
- Artis Amsterdam Royal Zoo (Natura Artis Magistra)
- National Holocaust Museum
- National Holocaust Memorial (Hollandsche Schouwburg)
- Dapper Market (Dappermarkt)
- Amsterdam Central Station
- Amsterdam Red Light District (De Wallen)
- St. Nicholas Basilica (Sint Nicolaasbasiliek)
- A’dam Lookout
- Portuguese Synagogue