Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium
This 105-acre (42-hectare) wildlife preserve comprises several visitor experiences. Three nature trails wind through the property, allowing guests to spot native fauna in the wild. The Natural History Living Museum tells the story of Florida’s natural history and the animals that call the state home through animal exhibits and fossil displays, while the Raptor and Butterfly Aviaries offer further opportunities to observe Florida’s flying species. Admission includes these areas, as well as shows at the planetarium.
Things to know before you go
- The Calusa Nature Center is a must-see for families and animal lovers.
- Remember to bring sun protection and insect repellant if you plan to walk the nature trails.
- The facility is wheelchair-accessible, including dedicated wheelchair seating areas in the planetarium.
How to get there
The nature center is on Oritz Avenue near Eastwood Village and Serena Park. The best way to get there is by car, and on-site parking is available.
When to get there
The Calusa Nature Center is open daily throughout the year, with shorter hours on Sundays. Check the calendar for planetarium showtimes and look out for animal presentations during your visit. Plan to visit on a clear day so you can enjoy the outdoor nature trails.
Fort Myers for Families
Calusa Nature Center is one of Fort Myers’ top family attractions, but there’s plenty more in town to keep kids entertained. Take a pirate-themed cruise through Estero Bay, rent a paddleboat at Lakes Regional Park, or get hands-on at the IMAG History & Science Center. Fort Myers Beach offers a family-friendly place to cool off on a hot Florida afternoon.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Orlando
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Six Mile Cypress Slough Preserve
- IMAG History and Science Center
- Southwest Florida Museum of History
- Burroughs Home & Gardens
- Edison and Ford Winter Estates
- Manatee Park
- Lakes Park
- Zoomers Amusement Park
- Fort Myers Beach
- Sanibel Island
- J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge
- Rookery Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve