- Full-day Flanders’ WWI battlefields tour from Brussels with an expert guide
- See the poignant sculptures called 'Grieving Parents' at the Vladslo German Military Cemetery
- Visit quietly dignified memorials to fallen WWI soldiers like Tyne Cot Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery
- Spend time in Ypres and attend the Last Post Ceremony in the evening
Departure & Return
We are located the street next to the Grand Place and 5 minutes from the Central Station of Brussels.
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Next, venture to the small city of Diksmuide and see a stretch of the Western Front that symbolizes Belgium’s courage and heroism during the conflict. See impressive monuments such as the monument of the "Brooding Soldier" dedicated to the sacrifice of 2,000 Canadian soldiers during the first German gas attack.
Head to the Flanders' Field Museum and hear fascinating tales of violent warfare and the dank conditions soldiers lived in then enrich your knowledge with the comprehensive exhibitions.
Stop at the somnolent town of Passchendaele and discover how a bloody battlefield underwent a radical transformation into this quaint place. Then head to the Tyne Cot Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery to reflect upon the 35,000 graves that immortalize the memory of fallen soldiers.
Next, travel to Essex Farm Field Hospital and see the bunkers that inspired John McCrae to write his influential poem, 'In Flanders’ Field.'
Venture to Hill 60 to see some strategic tunnels then disembark at the picturesque town of Ypres to enjoy some independent exploration and dinner (own expense). Reconvene with your guide at a pre-arranged time to witness to soul-stirring Last Post Ceremony at Ypres’ Menin Gate. Absorb the saddening simplicity of the service then return to your vehicle for the drive back to Brussels.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- OPERATED BY Brussels City Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands