- Full-day Pompeii and Herculaneum excursion from Naples
- Tour the UNESCO-listed ruins of Pompeii with a guide
- Learn about Mount Vesuvius’ AD 79 eruption that buried many of Campania’s towns for centuries
- Visit a coral and cameo factory, and then enjoy lunch in Ristorante Vesuvio
- Travel to Ercolano and explore the ruins of Herculaneum at leisure, seeing monuments, fossils and mosaics
Departure & Return
Meeting outside hotel main entrance @ 8:45am
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
As you enter (own expense), follow your guide through the ruins and learn the fascinating history behind the ancient city. Pass excavations of the Teatro Grande, which once housed up to 5,000 spectators, and the Forum.
Continue to a family-run corals and cameo factory to learn more about the jewelry-making process. Afterward, walk to the 18th-century Ristorante Vesuvio for a delicious, Italian-style lunch.
Journey next to the coastal town of Ercolana, where the ruins of Herculaneum reside, another town struck during the infamous eruption. Though Pompeii is more widely-known, Herculaneum hosts a wealth of archaeological treasures. Enter (own expense) and explore at leisure, admiring the ancient monuments, preserved mosaics and fossils nearly 2,000 years old.
Your day trip will conclude with transportation back to your original departure point.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- If there are fewer than six people in your group, the tour will operate with an audio guide instead of a real local guide.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not suitable for passengers with walking difficulties
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 52 travelers
- OPERATED BY Napoli City Vision
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff