Explore our promoted experiences
- Combined Viking horse ride and afternoon Gulfoss and Geysir Express tour
- Ride on an Icelandic horse, a breed unchanged since the 9th century and known for its docile nature
- Thingvellir, the oldest functioning parliament in the world
- Geysir and Strokkur hot springs
- Pickup and drop-off from Reykjavik area hotels and guesthouses
Departure & Return
Hmm...we can’t seem to find this place. Please check the spelling, or choose another location.
What To Expect
When your ride ends, return to your coach for the journey to Gullfoss and the Geysir hot water springs. On the way, enjoy a stop at UNESCO-listed Thingvellir, a national park that’s home to the so-called ‘rift valley’—where the continental tectonic plates meet—and the ancient site of the Icelandic parliament.
After a stroll around Thingvellir, continue to the waterfall of Gullfoss. Set in a canyon on the Hvítá River, the falls are said to be the most impressive in Iceland, with cascading flumes of water flanked by magnificent scenery. Pose for photos, and then resume your tour with a visit to the nearby hot springs of Geysir and Strokkur.
Your day trip then ends with a hotel drop-off back in Reykjavik.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age for horse riding is 8 years
- No previous horse-riding experience is required
- Necessary gear will be provided for the horse riding
- Meals are not included, but stops will be made at local restaurants or shops where meals and snacks can be purchased.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
- OPERATED BY Gray Line Iceland
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "Be prepared for a bit of an adrenaline rush when the horses start their tölt uphill." See review