Explore our promoted experiences
- 5-hour Skaftafell National Park glacier hike
- Take the bus into the Skaftafell National Park with a guide
- Gain insight into Iceland’s spectacular geology
- Explore rugged hiking trails to the tongue of the Virkisjökull Glacier
- Pass deep crevasses and cascading waterfalls
- Small-group tour limited to 12 people ensures personal attention from your guide
Departure & Return
The tour departs from the Arctic Adventures Booking Hut, located on the parking lot of Skaftafell National Park. Skaftafell National Park is located just off of the main ring road, on road #998. Skaftafell is approximately 4.5-5 hours east of Reykjavik and 1.5 hours west of Höfn.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Age limit is 14 years old
- Food is not included so we recommend that you bring packed lunch with you
- Remember to bring
- Waterproof gear
- Hiking boots
- Warm Clothes, head-wear and gloves
- Note that waterproof pants, waterproof jacket and hiking boots can be rented at the meeting point for a small fee.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- OPERATED BY Arctic Adventures
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms